GSGES LIBRARY INFORMATION
- Research Bldg. No.5 1st floor, Yoshida main campus
- http://www.kulib.kyoto-u.ac.jp/modules/map/index.php?content_id=8&ml_lang=en * See "57. GES"
- 10:00-12:00, 13:00-17:00
- Saturday, Sunday, National Holidays, Holidays by Law, December 25-January 3, Mid August, Last day of each month and on occasion.(irregularly). (Please refer to GSGES website or the Kyoto University library websitefor the current library schedule)
- The entire collection is open-access and can be read on-site as you like.
- It is necessary to complete designated procedures for reading special materials such as Master’s theses or Doctor’s theses.
- Only students, office staff, faculty and honorary professors can borrow books.
- A Kyoto University library card must be shown.
- The borrowing limit is 5 items at one time. They must be returned within 1 month.
- A copier can be used at the library. A copy card is required. Those who don’t have a copy card should bring the necessary sheets of blank copy paper.
- Those who wish to use a copier at laboratories or student rooms can borrow books temporarily.
- It may be necessary to complete designated procedures for making copies of special materials such as Master’s theses or Doctor’s theses.
Finding materials which belong to Kyoto University
- Search materials at the Kyoto University Library website: http://www.kulib.kyoto-u.ac.jp/(=OPAC: Kyoto University’s online library catalogue can be accessed from a cellular phone) and then visit the library where the materials are housed. You can request materials housed at the Katsura or Uji campus to be transferred to the main campus by submitting your request to the GSGES library.
- Electronic journals can be accessed while on campus by using the following website: (http://ddb.libnet.kulib.kyoto-u.ac.jp/gakunaiej.html) An ECS-ID (users code number provided by Institution for Information and Management) is required for access. Downloading a huge volume of data, sending data to other people, and using the data for other purposes beside education or research, are not allowed. Be aware that conducting these prohibited activities may endanger the Kyoto University research system as a whole.
For using materials which belong to other universities, National Diet Library and libraries outside of Japan
- Materials which belong to other universities can be searched by accessing “Nacsis WebCat/ Nacsis WebPlus” on the Kyoto University website.
- Materials which belong to the National Diet Library can be found at: http://www.ndl.go.jp/index.html
- Making copies and ordering books from other universities and the National Diet Library GSGES library will accept your request only if payment of mailing/copying expenses are made using laboratory funds. Please first make sure to receive laboratory permission for using laboratory funds. If you are using personal funds, you can make your request at the Kyoto University Library.
- Preparing a letter of introduction for library use at other universities You must request a letter from the GSGES librarian in advance of visiting other universities. The librarian will prepare a letter of introduction if permission is obtained.
- It may be possible to ship materials which cannot be found in Japan to you. Please ask at the GSGES library.
Registration of MyKuline
- Searching/ordering books and extending the borrowing period can be done online if you apply for MyKuline. Just access MyKuline on the Kyoto University library website and use ECS-ID for easy registration.
- An account code is necessary to make copies or for lending/borrowing materials using public funds. For more information, ask the GSGES librarian.
- If you request via MyKline for copies or lending/borrowing materials using public funds, please select the GSGES library as your request site.
- If you request for copies or lending/borrowing materials using private funds, please select the Kyoto University Libraryas your request site.
Please feel free to come to the GSGES Library with questions or for further clarification.