E-mail: mezase530*gmail.com (replace * with @)
Academic qualification and Employment history
- 2004 PhD in Engineering, Kyoto University
- 2004 Kyoto University Environment Preservation Centre, Research Assistant
- 2005 Kyoto University Environment Preservation Centre, Lecturer
- 2006 Kyoto University Environment Preservation Centre, Assistant Professor
- 2007 Kyoto University Environment Research Preservation Centre, Assistant Professor
- 2016 Kyoto University Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies, Associate Professor
Journal articles in English
- Misuzu Asari, Hiroshi Takatsuki, Michifumi Yamazaki, Tomonori Azuma, Hidetaka Takigami, Shin-ichi Sakai: Waste Wood Recycling as Animal Bedding and Development of Bio-Monitoring Tool Using the CALUX Assay, Environment International, Vol.30, No.5, pp.639-649 (2004)
- Misuzu Asari, Kazuki Fukui, Sin-ichi Sakai, Life-cycle flow of mercury and recycling scenario of fluorescent lamps in Japan, Science of the Total Environment, 393 (2008) 1-10
- Misuzu ASARI, Shin-ichi SAKAI: Consumer perspectives on household hazardous waste management in Japan, Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management, Vol.13, pp.10–24 (2011)
- Asari, M., Sakai, S., Yoshioka, T., Tojo, Y., Tasaki, T., Takigami, H., Watanabe, K.: Strategy for separation and treatment of disaster waste: a manual for earthquake and tsunami disaster waste management in Japan, Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management, 15 (3) 290-299 (2013)
- Asari, M., Sakai, S.: Li-ion battery recycling and cobalt flow analysis in Japan, Resources, Conservation & Recycling, Vol.81, December 2013, Pages 52–59 (2013)
- Shin‑ichi Sakai, Junya Yano, Yasuhiro Hirai, Misuzu Asari, Ritsuki Yanagawa, Takeshi Matsuda, Hideto Yoshida, Tetsuji Yamada, Natsuko Kajiwara, Go Suzuki, Tatsuya Kunisue, Shin Takahashi, Keijiro Tomoda, Joachim Wuttke, Paul Mählitz, Vera Susanne Rotter, Mario Grosso, Thomas Fruergaard Astrup, Julian Cleary, Gil‑Jong Oh, Lili Liu, Jinhui Li, Hwong‑wen Ma, Ngo Kim Chi, Stephen Moore: Waste prevention for sustainable resource and waste management, Journal of Material Cycles and Waste Management (2017)
Her current special field is the research of waste management, especially HHW (household hazardous waste) management and related substance flow analysis, disaster waste management and practical study in small islands. She is also involved in a campaign to raise awareness of 3R (Reduce Reuse and Recycle), and hard at the “3R and Low carbon society”-Licensed/Leadership program for development of human resources (see http://www.3r-teitanso.jp/).
Additionally, she promotes 3R research network and manage international academic conference (http://www.3rincs.org/).
One of her other fields is campus sustainability. This theme includes environmental management system, environmental education, and lifestyle in University. She started publication of Environmental Report in Kyoto University and maintain environmental communication (see http://www.eco.kyoto-u.ac.jp/).
Recently, she started local energy project. She established citizen group and corrected investment from local people and set solar power equipment on the roof of the schools (see https://www.facebook.com/bikkurieco and http://beco-rep.org/ ).
She made the presentation at TED (https://www.youtube.com/watch?
Her lab is operated as “Eco Lab”. Please see the site. http://eco.kyoto-u.ac.jp/?cat=64