E-mail: harada.hidenori.8v*kyoto-u.ac.jp (replace * with @)
- Assistant Professor, Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies (GSGES), Kyoto University
- Proram-specific Assistant Professor (EML program), GSGES (2008-2011)
- Institute Researcher, Research Center for Environmental Quality Management, Graduate School of Engineering, Kyoto University (2008)
- Visiting Researcher, Ecological Sanitation Research Programme, Stockholm Environmental Institute (2007)
- JSPS Research fellow (2006-2008)
- 2004-2007 Doctoral Course, GSGES (Dr. of Global Environmental Studies)
- 2002-2004 Master Course, GSGES (Master of Global Environmental Studies)
- 1998-2002 Faculty of Engineering, Kyoto University (Bashelor of Eng.)
- Hidenori Harada, Hirohide Kobayashi, Ayako Fujieda, Taketoshi Kusakabe, Yoshihisa Shimizu (2012) Urine-diverting system for securing sanitation in disaster and emergency situations, Leadership and Management in Engineering, Special Issue on Large-Scale Disasters: What Have We Learned, What We Can Do, 12(4), 309-314.
- Toshiya Komai, Hidenori Harada, Shigeo Fujii, Nguyen Pham Hong Lien，Huynh Trung Hai (2012) Agricultural recycling of organic waste in the Nhue-Day river basin, Vietnam based on Phousphorus balance, Journal of Environmental Systems and Engineering(VII), Vol.68 (In Japanese).
- Pham Huong Giang, Hidenori Harada, Shigeo Fujii, Nguyen Pham Hong Lien, Huynh Trung Hai, Shuhei Tanaka, and Chinagarn Kunacheva (2012)，Waste and wastewater management and its impacts in a sub-urban community: a nitrogen and phorphosu flow analysis in Hanoi, Vietnam，Journal of Environmental Systems and Engineering(VII), Vol.68.
- Hidenori Harada, Yuichi Kimoto, Shigeo Fujii, Nguyen Pham Hong Lien, Huynh Trung Hai (2012) Evaluation of Inactivation Process of Pathogenic Microorganisms in Dry Toilet, Journal of Science and Technology, 50(1C), 145-150.
- Pham Nguyet Anh, Hidenori Harada, Shigeo Fujii, Tran Van Quang, Hoang Hai, Shuhei Tanaka, and Chinagarn Kunacheva (2012) Effects of septic tank management on septage management: case study in Da Nang, Vietnam, Journal of Science and Technology, 50(1C), 138-144.
- Nguyen Pham Hong Lien, Do Quoc Cuong, Shigeo Fujii, and Hidenori Harada (2012) Co-digestion of municipal biowate and sewage sludge for biogas production: technical feasibility for the wastes of Hanoi, Journal of Science and Technology, 50(1C), 1-8.
- Harada. H. and Fujii, S. (2011) Constraints Classification of water and environmental sanitation in nine Asian cities and attempts to develop sanitation improvement strategies, Journal of JOHKASOU, 8, 21-24 (In Japanese).
- Harada, H., Matsui, S., Nguyen, T. D. and Shimizu, Y. (2010) Incremental Sanitation Improvement Strategy: Comparison of Options for Hanoi, Vietnam, Water Science and Technology, 62 (10), 2225-2234.
- Harada, H., Nguyen, T. D. Matsui, S. and Fujii, S. (2010) Traditional Urine-diversion Practices in Sub-urban Hanoi, Vietnam: Replaced or Promoted?, Water Practice and Technology, 5(3), doi:10.2166/wpt.2010.058.
- Harada. H., Adachi, T., Fujii, S., Nguyen, P. H. L. and Huynh, T. H. (2010) Phosphorus Flow Analysis in Hanoi Focusing on Wastewater, Agriculture and Stockbreeding, Environmental Engineering Research, 47, 465-474 (In Japanese).
- Harada, H. and Shimizu, Y. (2009) Applicability and Challenge of Urine-diversion Sanitation Systems in Developing Countries, Journal of Japan Society on Water Environment, 32(9), 481-485 (In Japanese).
- Harada, H. (2009) Study on the applicability of Japanese night-soil treatment system: a case study in Hanoi, Kankyo Gijyutsu Kaishi, 134, 8-10 (In Japanese).
- Harada, H., Nguyen, T. D. and Matsui, S. (2008) A Measure for Provisional-and-Urgent Sanitary Improvement in Developing Countries: Septic-tank Performance Improvement, Water Science and Technology, 58(6), 1305-1311.
- Harada, H., Matsuda, T. and Matsui, S. (2007) Effects of Johkaso Sludge on the Operation of Night-soil Treatment Plants based on a Questionnaire Survey to Plant Operatios Managers，Environmental Engineering Research, 44, 491-497 (In Japanese).
- Harada, H., Matsui, S., and Wakamatsu, M. (2006) Scaling up of ecological sanitation for peri-urban and rural areas to meet the sanitation of MDGs, Water Science and Technology: Water Supply, 6(6), 1-9.
- Harada, H., Matsui, S., Shimizu, Y., Matsuda, T. and Utsumi, H. (2006) Cost Analysis of a Night-soil Treatment System as a Complementary Sanitation System to Sewerage, Water and Environmental Management Series, 12, 205-212.
- Harada, H., Shimizu, Y., Miyagoshi, Y., Matsui, S., Matsuda, T. and Nagasaka, T. (2006) Predicting struvite formation for phosphorus recovery from human urine using an equilibrium model, Water Science and Technology, 54(8), 247-255.
- Harada, H., Shimizu, Y., Sato, D., Miyagoshi, Y., Matsui, S., Matsuda, T. and Nagasaka, T. (2006) Development of a plant for Struvite recovery from urine using a urine diversion toilet, Journal of Japan Society on Water Environment, 29 (7) 383-388 (In Japanese).
- Harada, H. (2006) Lessons for Ecosan-toilet Projects in Rural Bangladesh based on Experience from an Ecosan Project in Vietnam. In: Dr. Chowdhury, M. H., Sakai, A. and Mamun, A.A. ed., ECOLOGICAL SANITATION An intermediate Technology for Environmental Management, BARD, Comilla, p.20-29 (ISBN 984-559-167-6).
- Harada, H., Utsumi, H., Matsuda, T., Winblad, U., Matsui, S., Ono, S., Phi, D. T. (2004) Improvement of sanitary conditions in Danphuong village, Vietnam, Environmental and Sanitary Engineering Research, 18 (2), 22-30 (In Japanese).