Education and Working Experience
- BS (Civil Engineering), Kyoto University (1989)
- MS (Civil Engineering), Kyoto University (1991)
- Dr. Eng. (Civil Engineering), Kyoto University (1997)
- Research Associate, Disaster Prevention Research Institute, Kyoto University (1991.4-2000.3)
- Visiting Scholar, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, University of Wisconsin-Madison, USA (1998.1-1998.12)
- Associate Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, Ritsumeikan University (2000.4-2002.3)
- Associate Professor, Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies, Kyoto University (2002.4-2009.3)
- Professor, Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies, Kyoto University (2009.3-present)
- Katsumi, T. (2010): Hydraulic conductivity of geosynthetic clay liners, Chapter 4 in Geosynthetic Clay Liners for Waste Containment Facilities, A. Bouazza and J.J. Bowders (eds.), CRC Press, pp.55-83.
- Katsumi, T., Ishimori, H., Onikata, M., and Fukagawa, R. (2008): Long-term barrier performance of modified bentonite materials against sodium and calcium permeant solutions, Geotextiles and Geomembranes, Elsevier, Vol.26, No.1, pp.14-30. (Best Paper for Geotextiles and Geomembranes in 2008)
- Katsumi, T., Ishimori, H., Ogawa, A., Maruyama, S., and Fukagawa, R. (2008): Effects of water content distribution on hydraulic conductivity of prehydrated GCLs against calcium chloride solutions, Soils and Foundations, JGS, Vol.48, No.3, pp.407-417.
- Katsumi, T., Ishimori, H., Ogawa, A., Yoshikawa, K., Hanamoto, K., and Fukagawa, R. (2007): Hydraulic conductivity of nonprehydrated geosynthetic clay liners permeated with inorganic solutions and waste leachates, Soils and Foundations, JGS, Vol.47, No.1, pp.79-96.
- Ishimori, H., Katsumi, T., Yoshikawa, M., and Fukagawa, R. (2006): Performance evaluation of pump-and-treat system using advection-dispersion analysis: Effects of clay layer on remediation duration, Soils and Foundations, JGS, Vol.46, No.1, pp.45-59.
- Shackelford, C.D., Benson, C.H., Katsumi, T., Edil, T.B., and Lin, L. (2000): Evaluating the hydraulic conductivity of GCLs permeated with non-standard liquid, Geotextiles and Geomembranes, Elsevier, Vol.18, Nos.2-3, pp.133-161.