E-mail: naru*kais.kyoto-u.ac.jp (replace * with @)
2003-07 Bachelor of Agriculture, Kyoto Univ.
2007-09 Master of Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies, Kyoto Univ.
2011-12 Doctor of Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies, Kyoto Univ.
2009-11 IBM Japan, Ltd.
2012- Assistant professor, Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies, Kyoto Univ.
2014-15 Visiting Research Fellow, Department of Geography, University of Leicester, UK
Selected Outputs (First author in English only)
- Tsutsumida N., Harris P., Comber A. (2017) The application of a geographically weighted principal components analysis for exploring 23 years of goat population change across Mongolia, Annals of the American Association of Geographers, 107(5) 1060-1074.
- Tsutsumida N., Comber A., Barrett K., Saizen I., Rustiadi E. (2016) Sub-Pixel classification of MODIS EVI for annual mappings of impervious surface areas, Remote Sensing, 8(2), 143.
- Tsutsumida N. and Comber A.J. (2015) Measures of spatio-temporal accuracy for time series land cover data, International Journal of Applied Earth Observation and Geoinformation, 41, 46-55.
- Tsutsumida N., Saizen I., Matsuoka M. , and Ishii R. (2015) Addressing urban expansion using feature-oriented spatial data in a peripheral area of Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Habitat International 47, 196-204.
- Tsutsumida N. and Saizen I. (2014) Internal Regional Migration Analysis and Modeling of Population Concentration for Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, Papers on Environmental Information Science, 28, 25-30.
- Tsutsumida N., Saizen I., Matsuoka M., and Ishii R. (2013) Land Cover Change Detection in Ulaanbaatar Using the Breaks for Additive Seasonal and Trend Method, Land,2(4), 534-549, 2013.
Peer-reviewed international conference presentations
- Tsutsumida N., Rodríguez-Veiga P., Harris P., Comber A., and Percival J. Spatial considerations of accuracy for satellite-based biomass mapping, RSPsoc 2017, London, UK.
- Tsutsumida N. Long-term monitoring of land surface phenological changes, JpGU-AGU Joint Meeting 2017, Chiba, Japan.
- Tsutsumida N., Kaduk J. Impact of spatial scale for phenological indices derived from remotely sensed data, JpGU-AGU Joint Meeting 2017, Chiba, Japan.
- Tsutsumida N., and Comber A. Spatial accuracy measures of soft classification in land cover, Peer-reviewed short paper of the GIScience 2016, 340-343, Montreal, Canada, September, 2016.
- Tsutsumida N., Balzter H., Barrett K., Harris P., ComberA., Padilla-Parellada M., Rodriguez-Veiga P., Tansey K., Tate N., Saizen I., Shinjo H. Fractional Land Cover Dynamics during 1983-2012 using GIMMS NDVI3g, RSPSoc Annual Conference 2016, 5-8 September, Nottingham, UK.
- Tsutsumida N. Spatial accuracy assessment of soft classification land cover map, Jpgu, 22-26, May. 2016, Chiba, Japan.
- Tsutsumida N. & Comber A. The impacts of imperfect reference data on land cover classification accuracy, RSPSoc, NCEO and CEOI-ST Joint Annual Conference 2015, 9-11 September, Southampton, UK.
- Tsutsumida N. & Balzter H. Harmonic analysis of desertification processes measured by vegetation greenness data from GIMMS3g NDVI, jpGU, May, 2015.
- Tsutsumida N. , Comber A. J., Barrett K. and Saizen I . A time series analysis of land cover change: random forest models of annual changes in urban land cover, GIScience 2014, Vienna, Austria, 2014.
- Tsutsumida N., Saizen I., Matsuoka M., and Ishii R. Understanding the process of urban expansion in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. GLP 2nd Open Science Meeting, Berlin, Germany, March 2014.
- Tsutsumida N., Saizen I. Land Cover Assessment in Mongolia by Principal Component Analysis of Phonological Parameters using MODIS Imagery. American Society of Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) 2013 Aunnual Conference, MD, USA.
- Tsutsumida N., Saizen I., Matsuoka M. and Ishii R. GIS-based Analysis of Private Lands Expansion using High-resolution Satellite Imagery in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia, International Conference on Future Environment and Energy (ICFEE), Singapore, Mar., 2012.
- Tsutsumida N., Comber A.J., Saizen I. (2016) Challenges in Spatio-Temporal Land Cover Classification and its Accuracy Assessment, in: Katsumi T.and Hashimoto S.(Eds.) Towards FUTURE EARTH: Challenges and Progress of Global Environmental Studies, Kaisei Publishing, pp.61-79.
- Tsutsumida N. and Saizen I. (2012) Land privatization and its spatial expansion. In Batjargal Z., Fujita N., Yamamura N. (Eds.), Pastoralism and Ecosystem Network in Mongolia, ADMON, pp.372-379.