The “Top Global University Project” of Kyoto University invites graduate students to join a short-term international exchange program for studying at the Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies (GSGES), Kyoto University. The selected students will join the “International Spring School on Environmental Studies 2017 Program” with 10 graduate students from various Universities located in Europe, America and Asia.
This program is designed to understand and deepen the environmental issues in our daily life through both lecture courses and field studies with active discussion among international participants. This program provides various techniques and knowledge of environmental science (environmental engineering, marine ecology, atmospheric chemistry, agronomy, and soil science) in Kansai region, Japan for 3 weeks.
(See the flyer for more detailed schedule and activities.)
Graduate students who are belonging Kyoto University with a full-time or part-time graduate (master’s or doctoral) program able to get a recommendation letter from each academic supervisor, and will continue the program after completing the International Spring School on Environmental Studies.
Participation style: Applicant must select the style of participation in this program.
1) Full participation: Participating whole program except laboratory visit on 2nd and 3rd March 2017. Applicants apply for full participation required discussion skill in English with other participants in Environmental topics.
2) Partial participation: Participating orientation, full-series of special lecture, Kyoto city tour, student exchange program, final seminar, and supporting short-term international students attending this program during their stay.
Number of students to be accepted:
1) Full participation: Five (5)
2) Partial participation: Ten (10)
Duration of the program:
22 February – 16 March, 2017
Fields of study:
Environmental engineering, marine ecology, atmospheric chemistry, agronomy and soil science, and other themes in environmental studies
– Transportation cost for field trip and study tour
– Support of 5,000 yen per day during the field trip
(not full coverage of lodging expenses in some cases)
Accommodation in field trip:
Hotel, guest house and lodging facilities of Kyoto University
Expenses incurred by individual participants:
– Expenses for daily meals
– Remaining lodging expenses (in some cases)
Program Assistant Professor: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal address for original document submission:
GSGES Spring School Program
Graduate School of Global Environmental Studies, Kyoto University
Yoshida-honmachi, Sakyo-ku, Kyoto, 606-8501 Japan.